Shards of Vael Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feats - What we want and don't want

4 posters

Go down

Feats - What we want and don't want Empty Feats - What we want and don't want

Post by Karma Sat May 14, 2011 4:31 pm

THis thread is as the title says, for the discussion of those feats.

I propose we disallow Disamr and Impoved Disarm in our module. For the amount of effort players will have to go to to get very good wepons, its not worth it if they can be lost to a bug.
Mapping Departmant
Mapping Departmant

https://genesisindev.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Feats - What we want and don't want Empty Re: Feats - What we want and don't want

Post by Cydonian Mon May 30, 2011 4:04 pm

Hey, yeah...

Disarming a few players back on aesyr, i remember a couple of them lost their weapons because of the bug and never came back, because the dms couldn't help them with a new weapon.

So yeah a good idea to ditch the disarm feat, would rid you guys of drama and headaches.
Cydonian
Cydonian

Back to top Go down

Feats - What we want and don't want Empty Re: Feats - What we want and don't want

Post by Zealote Mon May 30, 2011 5:06 pm

As I said back on Aesyr and MoA, there is a fix for Disarm and Improved Disarm.

I dont know if Calen or anyone else here can achieve the same fix with their own scripts, but perhaps we can acquire the original script from Baldur's Gate TSCC.

There, Disarm and Improved Disarm do not send the weapon to the ground. Instead, it simply send the weapon back into the owner's inventory and he becomes unable to equip the weapon again unless he breaks combat, as if the weapons became armor.

Maybe, if we cannot get the script or re-create the exact conditions of the script, Calen can just change it, give it a timer to re-equip the weapon after sending to the inventory.

Dunno, but I dont want to lose Disarm/Imp. Disarm permanently.
Zealote
Zealote
Lore Department
Lore Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokene Mon May 30, 2011 6:15 pm

I actually have BG TSCC Module so I can look at their scripts and I could simply implant the fix into ours if that's the kind of system we want.
Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealote Mon May 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Calun, Calun. I rather have any system you can come up with than lose two feats of such importance. I luuuuv Disarm. When it works. Razz
Zealote
Zealote
Lore Department
Lore Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum