Shards of Vael Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Setup for the PW, Scripts, Mechanics Wise (open for discussion)

5 posters

Go down

Basic Setup for the PW, Scripts, Mechanics Wise (open for discussion) Empty Basic Setup for the PW, Scripts, Mechanics Wise (open for discussion)

Post by Rokene Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:24 am

So yeah I think we just need to go over the basic setup for the PW, mechanically. So far I've set it up with HCR and I can modify it however we want it. The next thing I'm working on is combining HCR with CNR which seems to be causing a slightly problem I'm still trying to identify.

So HCR is fully functional and setup with a bleed system, death system with a corpse system, deity system, rest system, hunger and thirst system.

Bleed system
A PC can bleed to -10 then dies. He can become stable and loses 1 hp per round when his hp is at 0 or dying.

Death System with Corpse System (Need feedback.)
When a PC dies he is sent to the fugue plane or however we will set it up with our lore. He then leaves a corpse in the place he dies. His friends can pick up his body and drop him wherever. The corpse is persistent even through reset.

His friends have a few options to bring him to life. They either cast the raise dead spell or resurrection spell on the corpse on the ground, cast it on the item token in their inventory when they pick up the body, or use the corpse token on an NPC cleric that is able to cast the spells and by default it is a resurrection when taken to an NPC.

No matter what someone must pay 10,000 gold for a resurrection and 5,000 for raise dead, in addition to scroll cost if they were used. The lore would simply be to buy components in order to bring back someone from the dead.

Currently resurrection is set at 100xp/level, raise dead is 400xp/level, and a respawn option is undecided. Currently there is no respawn option.

Also, the corpse system comes with a loot system for PCs. By default they drop all their possessions into a bag next to their body. However it is now currently dropping only gold with Slanke's suggestion.

Deity System
A deity system is also included which simply gives a small chance to be revived in the event someone does die. By default this is set to 5% and I just think it adds a bit of flavor.

Rest System
The rest system prevents unlimited resting at an interval of 8 hours in-game time. Resting also requires campfires to be made nearby if the PC is out in the wilderness or hostile environments or simply be in an inn where a zone is drawn for free rests.

Hunger, Thirst, Fatigue System (Need to setup system to not decrease status' in town.)
This system adds a bit of immersion and difficulty when dungeon crawling. There is food items and drinks to be bought to satisfy the PCs status with their respective needs but only outside in the dungeon. In town I plan to set it up to never decrease. Whereas when dungeon crawling or traveling the status of each will drop. Thus requiring food and water in order to endure a trip.

HCR Bandages
Bandages currently don't heal people automatically in or out of combat. Instead they only stabilize a bleeding person or dying person. And when you use it on an injured person you provide 'long term care' which allows the injured person to recover MORE hp on rest, more than normal. Only divine healing gives HP automatically or potions.

Last edited by Rokene on Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Basic Setup for the PW, Scripts, Mechanics Wise (open for discussion) Empty Re: Basic Setup for the PW, Scripts, Mechanics Wise (open for discussion)

Post by Zealote Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:43 pm

I have a suggestion for the Bleeding System.

However classic the -10 is, it doesnt work at high levels, where the damage taken will most likely go beyond that in every hit, making the bleeding last for only one hit.

However, if this amount could increase by level, lets say, 1 or 2 extra points per level, the bleeding system would still be reasonable at higher levels.

For instance, a level 1 character fighting a level one creature, might take 10 rounds to die of bleeding until it hits -10, as the damage dealt by the enemies is low. And the level 30 character could have a bleeding of, instead of -10, -40, which will last perhaps a few more rounds, instead of just one hit.
Zealote
Zealote
Lore Department
Lore Department

Back to top Go down

Basic Setup for the PW, Scripts, Mechanics Wise (open for discussion) Empty Re: Basic Setup for the PW, Scripts, Mechanics Wise (open for discussion)

Post by Rokene Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:00 pm

The problem with that is that the PC would gain too many chances to recover. Technically they've already died. Every round they bleed they get a chance to recover already. Increasing the negative hp max would give them too many rounds. I could maybe go for -15 but I think that should be the max in my opinion.
Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokene Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:40 pm

I've combined HCR and CNR together so we have a crafting system to work off of. Recipes can be edited with ease, new resources can be added, full customizable.

One day we need to thoroughly test CNR so we know what to edit. Such as, final products, appearances of items, icons, yields, and for general bugs.

Finally, we need to all agree on how HCR systems act which is stated above. Some comments on how death, loot, and etc should be handled.
Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Post by magicshisha Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:17 pm

If we really want to go hardcore with the respawn/death system and have harsh penalties, then a respawn could mean that you'd lose all xp of your current level. For instance: You are level 20 and are 7000xp in the level already; then you'd lose it all, same as if you'd only be 20 xp into the level.
I'd really advice against any penalty which would make you actually lose levels.

However, such harsh penalties will inevitably lead to frustration and might make players leave.
magicshisha
magicshisha
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Raithlean Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:58 pm

we should not have a really harsh death penalty. we want people to have fun not grind grind grind Smile

Raithlean
Scripter
Scripter

Back to top Go down

Post by Raithlean Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:30 am

One more thing, we should not make the resurrection cost 10k gold. We want to have a viable economy in the game and we should not demand that much gold for a resurrection.

I don't mean to make it easy but make is reasonable. After all people will play there to have fun.

Raithlean
Scripter
Scripter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokene Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:01 am

Ah yes since we don't have an economy yet the cost and xp lost might have to be considered later. Very Happy

But what we should discuss is if we want it to be that harsh I think it should man so that death means something and it's costly. The gold amount usually represents 'components' like a valuable gem for the ritual be completed. Maybe not as harsh as Shisha says I was thinking a nominal amount per level in my opinion that is balanced enough. So that people won't just die and go grinding again so easily. Death should be scary.

But on the other hand I want to promote CvC ... and vince gave me a good idea and I've seen on other servers that we can knock out people with a nonlethal mode and lethal mode. I think you could script that Raith. Very Happy

OR we just set CvC deaths as no xp lost but they can't respawn alone they must be raised by a player or DM. So they are forced to RP it out. Since our server is based on conflict and MANY factions people aren't forced to be anywhere un safe and have places to hide. CvC conflict can happen and should be fun I think but I'm not sure how we should go about it.

Summary

So I say moderate XP penalty and high gold cost taking account to player economy. For resurrection and Raise Dead death by mobs.
---------Unless of course we want to go a hardcore mode.

CvC, subduel mode and less xp lost or no xp lost. Can't kill same person more than once per day. Permanent death is dealt with by staff with appropriate RP and planning?

Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Karma Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:09 am

So far I like all these ideas. The only thing I would see different is that instead of losing all your gold at death, losing a set amount per level like experience.
Mapping Departmant
Mapping Departmant

https://genesisindev.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokene Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:25 am

Ah maybe a percentage? I can do that or ... we can implement a persistant bank which can be done.
Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Raithlean Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:16 pm

I am not really experienced in NWN2 Scripting but I will try my best Smile

Also, I would love to help set up an in game economy! after all, i have an economics degree too! Razz

Raithlean
Scripter
Scripter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokene Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:51 pm

Oh really dude taht would be awesome if you can come out with system for a economy if you've ever played world of Torr they had a dynamic ecnomy it was crazy ...

But as for the subdual mode I think you'll have to understand our base scripts that's already on there. It will conflict with the bleeding system and death system so you'll have to script it with taht in mind but let me clean up the scripts and I'll hand them to you. Very Happy
Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Raithlean Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:50 pm

Sounds good. Pm me with the details of our crafting system and what kind of resources we have; and at which levels those resources are gathered; i will arrange some values for their gather time, gathered amounts and worth to make a viable economy Smile I have not played Torr, but I played Ultima Online on a private Shard and the economy there was a seriously good replica of a medieval age economy. I am sure I can come up with something viable for us based on that experience Smile

Raithlean
Scripter
Scripter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rokene Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:40 pm

When I get home tonight I'll send the PM Raith. Wink
Rokene
Rokene
Scripting Department
Scripting Department

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down